Friday, August 16, 2013

No Prayer Is Too Small!

This week, I have been preparing for my ministry trip to Mexico.  I will be travelling for two months throughout Mexico, holding leadership conferences for children's ministry workers (you can learn more at http://transformar414.wix.com/transform).

At the beginning of this week, as I was walking through a mall on the way home, I saw some beautiful dresses on a window rack.  “Lord,” I prayed, “I never buy things for myself, but I would really like something pretty for the conferences."

It was a frivolous request, and I knew it.  I knew God would give me everything I needed, but this was something that I wanted, not necessarily a need.  I have lived by faith most of my Christian life and I have seen some pretty amazing ground-shaking miracles.  Sometimes, it’s easier to have faith for the big impossible prayers than to believe that God is interested in the small, insignificant ones.

Two days later, I went out with some friends.  An older woman of our group reached over the table and touched my arm.  “Lacynda, I have a confession to make to you.  As I was praying on Sunday morning, the Lord told me to give you $20.  I argued with Him and told Him I only could give you $15, but He insisted that I give you $20.”

“Wow, thank you,” I exclaimed, and reached out to hug my friend.

She blocked my arms, pointed her finger at me, and sternly said, “Wait, there’s more.  God gave me specific instructions to give you.  You are not to use this money just for anything.   You are to go to the store, and buy you a nice suit.  Maybe even some pretty tops.  Then, wear one of them to church on Sunday.”

I was speechless.  She had received the instructions on Sunday… I had prayed the prayer on Monday.

My mom always tells me, “God is interested in what interests you.” It is true!  The heavenly Father loves His children, and is content to fulfill our needs, but He's also interested in what delights us!  Not everything that we want is in the Lord’s will, and He answers prayers in accordance with what is best for us as His children; still, that should never hinder us from asking, because God always answers: it always comes in the form of "Yes", "No", or "Wait".

Never think that any prayer is too small.  Your heavenly father is delighted when you come before Him with simple requests.  Big prayers are important, but no prayer is too small for God!  He delights in you, and loves you!



Zepaniah 3:17

“The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment