Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Living With Eyes Wide Open

...My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9



I'm a planner. I like organization. I like to think that there's a purpose for everything. I can be spontaneous, but I prefer that spontaneity be followed by a brainstorming session before setting out on an adventure.

Yet, as prepared as I may seem, God's plan supersedes anything I could imagine. Many times, I reason through changes in my life; but my linear thinking pales in comparison to God's multidimensional plan.

Are you aware of the lives you are affecting, just be being alive today? The mother whose day was just a little better by your passing smile. The man who feels like someone noticed him when you said hello. An acquaintance who just needs to vent to someone who he can trust. The child who sees you as their hero because you are kind.

There is a world of brokenhearted souls around us, and many people are oblivious to the footprints they are leaving behind on other people's lives. We can be so concerned about the end result of God's will in our lives, that we forget that His ultimate calling is to LIVE life, LOVE Him and others, and SHARE His good news - anywhere, everywhere, anytime, all the time.

Don't live an oblivious existence. Ask God to open your spiritual eyes and help you discern the lives you are affecting today. Don't limit yourself to believing that God is using you for one single plan; don't get discouraged because things aren't going the way you expected.

Your very breath, your very heartbeat, are evidence that God is using you at this very moment as His salt and light, right where you are.

Don't limit God's will to your plan.


The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord; ... The heart of man plans his way but the Lord establishes his steps.
Proverbs 16:1, 9 

No comments:

Post a Comment